The next great tech leaders
The Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) partners with UCLA Women in Technology to launch its second session of the 15-week, customized, in-person Women's CIO Certification program held on the campus of UCLA for the first time. UCLA WIT is a program sponsored by the UCLA Office of Advanced Research Computing (formerly known as the Office of Information Technology).
The CIO Certification Course is the first of its kind designed to help women who are experienced in technology management to get to the coveted position of the Chief Information Officer (CIO). With technology playing a critical role in the success of an enterprise, the CIO is the bridge between the business and technology driving efficiency and innovation creating a competitive edge in the market place.
The program addresses both small and large technology portfolios, for-profit and non-profit, and provides real world scenarios to learn from and address. The program is designed for women who have the right training, experiences, and skills to become the CIO and, most important, have the passion to empower their enterprise with technology that drives value. After certification, ITC will provide mentoring and placement support to help the candidates achieve their goal of becoming the CIO.
- Held on the campus of UCLA
- 15 week program, September 2019 - February 2020
- Courses conducted once a week by expert CIOs who share their experiences and expertise across these vital areas:
- The role of the CIO and the overarching tenets that help aspiring women to become effective CIOs.
- IT Governance, managing services, projects and resources and fostering innovation.
- Using tools, well established pragmatic processes, and case studies, the classes are conducted in small group settings.
Note: this session has completed. Contact [email protected] to learn of future sessions.